Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Sea and the Waves Roaring



I heard about the Japanese earthquake and tsunami on Saturday afternoon.  Not having a television nor being a big radio listener, I'm usually pretty behind on the news.  Amazingly, my brother was in Tokyo for a layover just hours before it hit!  I am so thankful the Lord kept him safe.


Yesterday I watched a video clip online of the tsunami.  It was INCREDIBLE.  The man with the camera was up on a hill and filming the street about fifteen feet below.  In seven minutes I watched the water flow up over the street.  A few cars float by, a semi, a boat flips over and rushes on down the street.  The water gets higher and higher and soon the cars parked at the bottom of the hill float away.  The camera zooms in on a white vehicle and I wonder if that might not be the camera man's car.  A minute later an entire BUILDING floats down the street.  The camera man moves higher up the hill as buildings crack and crumble.  I could actually hear the buildings caving in!  AMAZING!


I am hurting for the Japanese people and I do hope the Lord sends them the Gospel in their time of sorrow and devastation.  I believe the Lord is coming back SOON!

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.  And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:25-28


I believe the Lord is coming back, but to be honest with you, I am not always looking up.  Often the cares of this world and the duties and responsibilities I have come crashing over my head like a mighty wave.  Often I feel like I'm sinking just as Peter did when he was walking on the water, and the Lord looks at me and says, "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"  This old life is not in vain!  There is a Purpose, and that Purpose is Christ.  Our whole duty is to bring honor and glory to him.  We cannot do that if we are fearful and unbelieving!

Christ is telling us in these verses to "look up, and lift up your heads."  I got excited after seeing that video!  HE IS COMING BACK SOON!  I don't know when exactly, but I'm anxious to leave this old sin-sick world and sin-cursed body and get my new body, white robe, my white horse and my mansion!  Let's get up out of the mully-grubs and look unto Jesus!  Let's do something today that matters for eternity!

No comments: