Saturday, September 10, 2011

Butterfly Poject



I'm continuing to share our homeschool journal with you in this post.  Enjoy!


August 20, 2011

Completed our first week of Kindergarten! We combined two phonics lessons on Thursday and took Friday off to do our shopping in town. I thought about doing school today, Saturday, but I think we'll take a break. I felt a little apprehensive about taking the kids out during “school-time” and risk some people asking questions. But the way I see it, if I get my shopping done earlier in the day, I'll be out of some poor working-mother's way who can't shop at any other time. We're a couple of days ahead of public school anyway!

A couple of weeks ago we collected some black- swallowtail caterpillars from our parsley plant. Four out of five of them have become chrysalides; the first due to “hatch” in a couple of days! I also caught a tiny tree-frog and we made a little habitat for him. I believe he's eating the fruit-flies that get into his cage. We've got quite a science lab going!


No comments: