Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Flower For my Hair


My son came running toward me.  "Here, Mommy!  I picked a flower for you.  Put it in your hair, Mommy!"

I did.

"You're a sweet mommy!  I love you."


Not to be out-done, my two daughters came running up with their flower offerings.

"I love you, Mommy!  You're the best mommy ever!"

All this really smote my heart.  I had not had a particularly good day, nor did I feel like I had been a sweet mommy.  What brought on this sudden burst of loving-kindness from my son and my daughters?  They love me!  They are so quick to forgive my short-comings and my failures; quick to forget.  They love me because that's what they do.  I've got amazing kids!  I'm blessed.
 
..........................................

I'm moping.  I'm getting older and my body sure ain't what it used to be after having four children in five years.  I tell my husband so.

He's so understanding.  He gives me a big hug and tells me I'm beautiful. He loves me even though I don't iron his shirts or fix him a lunch to take to work.  He knows I'm busy with our four small children.  He encourages me and helps me!

He's wonderful!   I'm very blessed!

.........................................

Someone Else loves me.  He loves me, not because of who I am or what I've accomplished.  He forgives my failures, and my sins.  He covers them up so that He can no longer see them.  Then, He forgets!  He loves me!  Because that's what He does.  He loves!  He is LOVE!  

I'm thankful for God's love.  I'm thankful that he gave me a husband and kids to love me!  And I pray that I can be a vessel to show them His love.

No comments: